Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tatting Mary Konior's Cross!


I'm pleased with the uneven split rings as the chain for the cross - I can see a few possibilities there!

This second cross is in Lizbeth size 20 (Wildflower Garden and Leaf Green).  I had both colors on shuttles from other small projects, and liked them together, so here they are.  My split chain at the top is a bit on the messy side, but since this one is staying here, no biggie.

Here is a cross in progress.  I haven't blocked or pressed either of the crosses I've shown; the natural tendency of the first side to curl is balanced by the second side.  (I do see a couple of twisted picots I need to straighten at some point!)

I've been tatting a lot of crosses lately - three of Mary Konior's so far.  I think this one uses the most thread of the three, but even without pressing, it's pretty much good to go right after it's finished.

I've also been working on patterns for Palmetto Tat Days in September - I've applied to teach again, and hope I'll be selected.  I'm planning on going, regardless - it's so much fun! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sharren!!
    Love the uneven split rings! Looking forward to TAT days!
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful springtime cross!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone! I also did one with less exaggerated split rings, but didn't get a picture of it.

    I'm looking forward to Tat Days too, John!!!

    ReplyDelete