Answers to random questions by passersby:
- Yes, the little tatted angel/spider/butterfly/turtle/owl is absolutely free.
- No, we're not pushing a 'cause' - other than educating others in how to tat, and offering encouragement.
- No, it has nothing to do with tattoos.
- 1 shuttle and fingertatting, or two shuttles CTM (I pulled off about 12" of thread, tied it to a shuttle with thread on it, and used that)
- ^ = tiny construction picot
- . = close ring
- + = join
- LJ = lock join
- SS = switch shuttles
R: 10 ^ 4 ^ 4 ^ 10. SS
Ch: 8 - 1 - 1 - 6 ^ 2 LJ (to next ^ on R)
Ch: 2 + (to ^ on previous Ch) 6 --- 8 LJ (to next ^ on R)
Ch: 8 ---6 ^ 2 LJ (to next ^ on R)
Ch: 2 + (to ^ on previous Ch) 6 - 1 - 1 - 8 LJ (to base of R)
Tie, cut, trim ends the same length (they're the antennae)
They make up fairly quickly, and they're a nice change of pace from the classic 4-ring butterfly we've all made tons of!