Sunday, December 19, 2010

Catching Up!

This has been a very busy month so far - and it's just a little over half-gone!  I had my last vacation day for 2010 on Friday, and I spent it being sick - a sinus infection.  It's better now, but I'm still alternating between not being able to breathe through my nose and my nose running (a lot).  My voice and I parted company late yesterday afternoon, so today I've tried not to talk much.


DeeDee's Butterfly - X4 -- these four went out in the mail to DeeDee in MN.  She received them and really seems to like them!  Hopefully they'll give her a touch of spring up there in the snow!

The ceiling that fell -- the contractor came and said the roof is fine, there's no evidence or appearance of a leak (whew!), and it looks like a bad patch job that finally just gave way.  David said that's exactly right, and recalled that around 1970, that part of the ceiling came down.  His mother got somebody in to fix it, but it's doubtful that the person was a licensed and bonded contractor.  It did hold for 40 years, though!  Our contractor said his work will last as long as the house, so that sounds good.  As a bonus, he's going to floor the area above the ceiling and install a disappearing staircase, so we'll finally have a proper attic.  The floor will go down right after he's reinforced the beams and put in the insulation.  And -- it's nowhere near as expensive as I was afraid it would be! 

So...now I need to get to work on patterns for Palmetto Tat Days in September, as I hope to teach again in 2011.  Since the theme is to be "Tatting in a Winter Wonderland," I'm thinking about snowflakes!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's a good thing I didn't try to call. I'll text you later....
    Love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete