Saturday, January 28, 2012

Adjusting!

We've had several changes to learn to adjust to over the past several months.  First, my company merged with another and we've made adjustments to learn to be a single business entity.  It hasn't been bad at all - about the worst is learning to adjust to the new payroll schedule!  We're paid mid-month and end-of month now instead of every other week, (I'm going to miss those two months each year with three paydays in them!) and have to budget accordingly.

Yes, I'm saving up for Tat Days in September!!  I plan to apply to teach and have four patterns written and being tested, and a couple more that are in the final stages before I write them up.  There is a new angel for 2012, and a butterfly, a bracelet, a wreath, and a 2d bell.  Wish me good luck!

Other than working on tatting patterns, I bid on some 1940s Speedball pens and holders - it's a nice little set.  I was the only bidder, and my bid came in for less (including shipping) than a comparable modern set at Hobby Lobby.  I used to do some pen-and-ink work - we'll see if I still can!  I did buy a new bottle of ink in hopes of winning!

Is everybody working on Jane Eborall's Tat It And See for 2012?  Here's mine - there have been some very funny guesses as to what it is, but it now looks to be the other half of an animal.  David guessed a centaur, but I think he was pulling my leg! 

The top shuttle is one that was decorated by Hope Bates, whose shuttles I've shared before on my blog.  This one has a rose on the other side - it's pictured on the TIAS blog along about Day 3.  The other is a metal shuttle I bought from eBay last year. 

I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions this year, but I hope to blog a little more often.  Some folks find the time to blog daily - I can't, although I've tried - but I'm going to try hard to blog at least once a week starting now! 

2 comments:

  1. You alredy have 4 Palmetto patterns finished!!??!! Boy, you make me feel inferior. But thanks to your mention of Palmetto earlier this month, I made myself start thinking about it. I've got one model made though the pattern only partly written, and two rough draft tattings that are simply ghastly. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad - two of the four are patterns that weren't selected last year! I did re-write (and expand) one of them but didn't touch the other. David gave me an idea last night that I'm going to work on today right after I finish writing up one that I think is ready to commit to paper.

    I can't wait for Tat Days!! See you there!!!

    ReplyDelete