Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cut it Out!



Or up.  Whichever.  I just want to reclaim the beads and findings from these "trial runs!"  This is part of my design process: tatting pretty much the same idea over and over, finding what works, finding what doesn't work, and each time, keeping the good stuff in and finding something to replace the bad stuff.  I did get a "keeper" that I've written up, and will submit as one of my patterns when I apply to teach at Palmetto Tat Days 2013.

I always take some tatting to work - don't always have time to tat at lunch, because sometimes lunch is "abbreviated," but I do have it with me just in case.  Lately I've switched from my post shuttles to some of my bobbin shuttles, and have I ever been giving them a workout!  I got a neat pouch to carry my extra bobbins in, too, from Jane Eborall (but I got mine at our last Tat Days).  I think it will hold most sizes of bobbins (I mostly use Viking and Aero); with six pockets, I can fit in 12 - more than I'll probably need, but hey!  You never know, do you?  Best to be prepared!

If anyone is thinking about applying to teach at Palmetto Tat Days this September, please note that the completed application - with patterns and pictures - is due April 1, 2013.

Well, back to work - on more patterns!  The ideas just keep on coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment