- The Southern Belles Tatting Society of Columbia, TN
- The Belles spent countless hours this past year collecting all sorts of items for the welcome bags, and what they couldn't find, they made. We found drawstring bags, needle books, tatting tools - treasures abounded!
- Barbara Foster, owner/operator of Handy Hands
- Miss Barbara is a long-time supporter of the art of tatting, as evidenced by her never-ending quest for newer and better tools and threads for tatters. She has also been a long-time supporter of Palmetto Tat Days, donating threads and shuttles each year. This year she really went the distance - each attendee found in her (or his) Welcome bag a ball of one of the new Lizbeth colorways, a Starlit shuttle, and - *gasp* - a sample of the new Aerlit shuttles to be available for retail this coming Fall!!
|Goodies from Barbara Foster - check out the NEW Aerlit|
shuttle, front and center, along with a Starlit shuttle and thread!
- Kathy Hodge
- A long-time attendee and very giving person, Kathy also went "all-out" for the 10th anniversary of Palmetto Tat Days. She compiled a commemorative booklet highlighting the first nine Tat Days! She also included a wee little shuttle - and it does work! We tatted with one in the Try-It session!
|Below the Clover shuttle is the fairy shuttle|
given by Kathy Hodge. It really works!
Teacher gifts were also numerous and mind-boggling - we received, courtesy of Miss Barbara, a Lizbeth ball holder with a ball of thread included; a skein of lovely HDT from Marilee Rockley; tatting tools; a hand-made tatting bag; hand cream; artisan soap; hand-made earrings; and so many other goodies, that my brain is hurting from trying to name them all after the marathon that is Tat Days!
|Shuttles I purchased from the Vending Room - three Gr8|
bobbin shuttles from Randy Houtz, and two post shuttles
from the one and only Georgia Seitz!
|I only won one of the Silent Auctions this|
time - but it's a dandy! Here are four packs
of HDT by Tat-ilicious in a lovely tin!
I was up at 5.30 as usual this morning, but I actually got drowsy while I was online, and had to shut down and go back to sleep! I may also have to have a nap this afternoon so I'll be ready for work tomorrow morning!