Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm sending this out to everyone - because each of us has a mother.  I want to take a few minutes to honor mine, who's now living in Heaven with so many of our family.

Six Really Important Things I Learned From My Mom:
1.  Be careful with sharp knives (she got a bad cut one time).
2.  Long after you're dead and gone, the housework will STILL BE THERE.  You just won't have to think about it any more.
3.  Enjoy the life you've been given, and remember to thank God for it every day.
4.  You can disagree without being disagreeable.
5.  What goes around, comes around.
6.  People are way more important than things.

There are, of course lots of other things I learned from her - some of which didn't sink in too well (I'm still a really lousy poker player because I have a weakness for trying to draw to an inside straight), but I'm still working on them!  All things considered, I guess I'm not doing too bad.

Next post - back to tatting.  I have some stuff to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment